Other Departmental Awards
The President's Undergraduate Humanitarian of the Year Award is a prestigious award that recognizes students who exhibit a tremendous commitment to service. Each College selects one student to be the Humanitarian of the Year. Students are then recognized at an awards luncheon hosted by President Thrasher and receive $200 that is donated in their name to the nonprofit agency of their choice. Finally, the student who best exemplifies commitment to service is named the President’s Undergraduate Humanitarian of the Year at Leadership Awards Night and an additional $1,000 is given as a donation to the nonprofit agency of their choice.
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the Center for Leadership & Social Change.
The Healthy Campus 2020 Goal is to maximize campus wellness and support academic and personal success by:
- addressing environmental factors that reduce risk;
- educating about healthy lifestyles;
- promoting positive choices and behaviors;
- and providing a coordinated continuum of care
The purpose of the Healthy Campus 2020 leadership award is to support Florida State University students in taking leadership roles in developing initiatives under the auspices of Healthy Campus 2020.
Award proposals will be considered from recognized student organizations or groups of individual students for initiatives that do any of the following:
- Reduce high risk drinking and alcohol and drug related harm
- Decrease the prevalence of smoking
- Decrease STI and HIV infection
- Increase healthy eating and physical activity behaviors
- Decrease disordered eating and/or negative body image
- Enhance healthy relationships and/or communication
- Reduce interpersonal violence or harm
- Increase the health of the campus environment
To be eligible for the award, initiatives must also include:
- A well thought out purpose or objective
Initiatives should include a well thought out purpose that coincides with the Healthy Campus 2020 goal.
- Effective program
Students are encouraged to contact a Center for Health Advocacy and Wellness staff member to discuss their project or initiative prior to implementation. (CHAW - 850-644-8871 or Amy Magnuson at firstname.lastname@example.org). Students are encouraged to use best practices or evidenced based initiatives.
- A clear plan on how the objective will be measured
Each initiative should also include a well thought out intended outcome with plans to measure if changes occurred or objective was met.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance to Healthy Campus 2020 goal
- Quality of proposed initiative (well thought out objective, timeliness, feasibility, educational or behavioral change components)
- Support for wellness on campus
- Promotion of healthful and thoughtful decision-making about campus health issues
- Collaboration with other student organization, academic departments, or FSU offices
- Ability to measure impact
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the staff of University Health Services.
The Inter-Residence Hall Council Awards honor students of University Housing residence halls participating in Hall Council and other areas of Residence Life at Florida State. Recipients contribute above and beyond the call of duty in serving his or her residence hall and the entire FSU community. Awards include:
IRHC's Hall Council President of the Year: The recipient must have served as President of his or her Hall Council and given quality service to IRHC and the residence hall community. One recipient shall be awarded each year.
RHC's Hall Council Executive of the Year: The recipient must have served as a Hall Council executive member and given quality service to IRHC and the residence hall community. One recipient shall be awarded each year.
IRHC's Hall Council Member of the Year: The recipient must have given quality service to his/her hall community without being a Hall Council executive member. One recipient shall be awarded each year.
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the Inter-Residence Hall Council.
Sport Club of the Year Award
The Sport Club of the Year Award is given to the Sport Club that far exceeds the expectations, both on and off the field of play. Nominees are considered based upon organization, attitude, spirit, and commitment to the Sport Club Program.
Sport Club Member of the Year
The Sport Club Member of the Year, or Eddie Cubbon Award, is given to the individual that has displayed exceptional dedication, spirit, and leadership to the Sport Club Program. The Award is named after Eddie Cubbon, a member of the inaugural Sport Club Executive Council that displayed extraordinary commitment and leadership to the Sport Club Program.
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the Sport Club Program.
The Global Citizen Award is awarded to up to two outstanding students who have been actively engaged in intercultural initiatives and/or who have exemplified leadership in promoting and supporting a global community among Florida State University students over the past year. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be either currently enrolled at FSU, or enrolled during the Fall Semester of the 2016-2017 academic year
- Be in good academic standing and in good standing with the university (or graduated in December 2016)
- Demonstrate leadership in fostering a global community and interaction among cultures at FSU and/or promote and actively engage in opportunities that encourage students to develop global awareness and understanding
- Have not previously received this award
Please see their website for more details.
Criteria for the nominees and recipients are determined by the Center for Global Engagement.
The Student Activities Center Awards are designed to recognize student leaders who have helped create their FSU experience through their involvement in student activities. The Instant Impact Student Leader of the Year Award recognizes one up-and-coming leader, while the Outstanding Student Leader recognizes student leaders from Student Activities related involvement.
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the Student Activities Center.
The Academic Leadership Award is presented to up to two students in each academic college at FSU’s Tallahassee and Panama City campuses. The Award is based on academic performance, university service, and other contributions both in and out of the classroom.
Criteria for nominees and recipients are determined by the dean of each academic college.